Thursday, February 3, 2011

Harper and the Riverboat Fantasy!

Hey Stevie, is it too late to put in my order?  I have noticed that you are sending all of us down the river, so if it is not too late, could you please send me down the river on a houseboat? 

I am ready to accept this inevitable trip into “assimilation” but can I at least take it in style?

“Life for me is a riverboat fantasy
Watchin' the sun go down
A rock and roll band
With a reefer in my hand
Now look at that wheel go around
C*ca*ne kisses and moonshine Misses
That's the life for me
I'm sailing away from my heartaches
On a riverboat fantasy

Delta sun beats down like a hammer
Mmmm....it gives the low down blues
I've got a cotton gin
I'll weave and spin
And shake the dust from my shoes
I made my money
I found me a honey
To tickle me under my chin
When mornin' comes
I'll ride into town
And worry 'bout the shape I'm in

Life for me is a riverboat fantasy
Watchin' the sun go down
A rock and roll band
With a reefer in my hand
Now look at that wheel go around
C*ca*ne kisses and moonshine Misses
That's the life for me
Yes it is
I'm sailing away from my heartache
On a riverboat fantasy”

“Riverboat Fantasy” is one of my favourite songs by David Wilcox. I think it would be the perfect farewell song as you send me floating down the river!

I hear you like to sing. Me too!  Turn up the volume and enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfbaHgRGZE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment