Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Minister Duncan - I Want to Break Free

Minister Duncan, if you are going to unilaterally assume the role of my “father”, please take some parenting classes.  It is 2011 and most fathers allow their children to speak these days. Why won’t you let me speak?  Why don’t you ever listen to what I have to say?  Why do you always have to tell me what to do?

“I want to break free...I want to break free...I want to break free...I want to break free from your lies. You’re so self satisfied I don't need you.  I’ve got to break free. God knows, God knows I want to break free.” “Oh how I want to be free...Oh how I want to be free...Oh how I want to break free”.  (Courtesy of Queen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyIyEyVPvo&feature=fvst. I love this song!)

I found this blog by a First Nations blogger and it is absolutely hilarious.  It is only satire.  It was posted on the First Perspective website but apparently the Department of Indian Affairs requested that it be taken off the web.  Sorry, no can do Father!  Not until you register my children as status Indians under the Indian Act!   I am a s.6(2) Indian and my children are excluded from your discriminatory Bill C-3 that just received royal assent even though you completely ignored your duty to consult the people.  Why don’t you like my children?  They are cute, you know.  You would like them if you just gave them a chance.

Enjoy the blog.  It is called, “Top 10 Wiki Leaks from Minister of Indian Affairs Minister John Duncan (funny, but not true)...” 

No comments:

Post a Comment